The roots of Main Line Fence go back to Robbins & White, a structural steel erection company in Portland formed by the partnership of Winston C. Robbins and Lloyd White. The company began operating from the dining room table of Ken and Ruth MacCready's house on Raymond Road in Portland before moving to more spacious offices in a remodeled foundry building at the corner of Main and Dana Streets in Westbrook.
In 1948 Main Line Fence, Co. was incorporated as a separate division. Over the next 20 years, Main Line Fence’s operations grew and modernized, while the original Robbins & White steel construction business began to decline.
In 1969 Main Line Fence was acquired by Norris Cianchette, who soon moved operations to a new location in Cumberland, where the company has remained ever since.
In 1986, Norris was succeeded by his son Rocky, who learned the business from the post holes up. Rocky, now assisted by his son, Ryan, has successfully guided Main Line Fence to the position we are proud to hold today: Maine’s oldest, largest and finest fencing supplier.